Supervised by: Department of Public Services and Downtown Development Directors
Under the general supervision of the Department of Public Services and the Downtown Development Directors, prepares, maintains and is accountable for all downtown village owned plantings and flower baskets. This position is also responsible for regular clean up and routine maintenance of village owned amenities such as the amphitheater, public restrooms, sidewalks and fountains.
This Position runs early spring to fall.
- Care of perennials and annuals,
- Watering system Start up and maintenance, as well as winterization.
- Minor landscaping and care of in ground beds
- Fill and maintain water storage tanks
- Any other duties assigned
Education requirements, certifications, work experience
- Available to work approximately 20-32 hours a week including Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- Must have flexibility to fill in on other days for other coworkers scheduled time off.
- Some gardening experience preferred.
- Driver’s License required with a good driving record.
- Must pass a background check.
- Ability to lift 30-50 lbs.
- Ability to follow safety instructions.
- Ability to be focused on surroundings and work near traffic.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers
- Ability to be on your feet and out in the sun for time required to complete task.
$14-16/hour depending on qualifications