The Paw Paw Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Police Officer.
The Village of Paw Paw is located in Western Michigan and is the Van Buren County seat. Paw Paw has approximately 3,700-year-round residents with award winning businesses and proactive community members.
The Paw Paw Police Department has an authorized strength of 10 sworn officers, two of which are part-time. The Police Department is committed to a strategic plan revolving around a community policing strategy.
The Paw Paw Police Department will be accepting applications for qualified candidates starting August 19, 2021 thru September 6, 2021 or until the position is filled. The police department hopes to hire one new officer by October, 2021. The minimum requirements for employment are:
- 21 years of age
- High School graduate or G.E.D. (college preferred)
- No felony convictions; misdemeanors will be considered on a case-by case basis
- Possess a valid drivers license and very good driving record
- M.C.O.L.E.S certified or certifiable
- U.S. citizen
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process
Benefits & Wages
- Starting pay $25.35 per hour, after 3 years $30.70
- Health Insurance
- MERS retirement / 2.5 Multiplier
- Sick Time, Personal Time, Vacation Time
- Holiday pay
- Uniform and Equipment Provided
- $3,000.00 Signing Bonus