VILLAGE OF PAW PAW
VAN BUREN COUNTY, MICHIGAN
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING AND PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING
TO: THE RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE VILLAGE OF PAW PAW, VAN BUREN COUNTY, MICHIGAN AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED PARTIES.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that a Public Hearing/Regular Meeting will be held by the Village of Paw Paw Planning Commission on Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. This meeting was originally scheduled to be held at the Paw Paw Township Hall, 114 North Gremps Street, but shall instead be held as an Electronic Meeting in compliance with the governor’s Executive Order 2020-154.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the item(s) to be considered at this Public Hearing include, in brief, the following:
- An amendment of Section 42-370 of the Village of Paw Paw Zoning Ordinance so as to reduce the side/rear setback requirement for accessory buildings from 10 feet to 6 feet.
- An amendment of Section 42-433 of the Village of Paw Paw Zoning Ordinance so as to clarify in the General Sign Regulations that signs may be painted directly on a wall or structure.
- An amendment of Section 42-438 of the Village of Paw Paw Zoning Ordinance so as to add:
- A changeable copy or electronic display sign is not allowed except as an element of an allowed sign and as regulated by this Section.
- An amendment of Section 42-438 of the Village of Paw Paw Zoning Ordinance so as to change any reference to ‘changeable copy sign’ as ‘changeable copy or electronic display sign’.
- Such other and further matters as may properly come before the Planning Commission for this meeting.
Members of a public body and of the general public participating electronically will be considered present and in attendance at the meeting and may participate in the meeting as if physically present at the meeting.
This meeting is being held electronically to allow participation in a way that promotes public engagement without creating risk of exposure or spread of the COVID-19 virus.
To access the meeting, use the URL below or call a phone number below and enter the Meeting ID.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 822 5580 4668
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 822 5580 4668
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kufKEiLFC
The agenda for the meeting will be posted on our website, www.pawpaw.net. Members of the public participating in the meeting are encouraged to comment during the Public Participation portion of the agenda when prompted by the presiding officer.
Persons may contact members of the public body to provide input or ask questions on any business that will come before the public body at the meeting by emailing email@example.com or by speaking during the public comment portion of the meeting.
Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids should contact the Village Clerk no later than five business days prior to the meeting to ensure the provision of reasonable accommodations.
Public comment will be taken at the meeting or written comment may be provided to the Village Offices prior to the meeting. Additional information regarding this electronic meeting is available at the Paw Paw Village Hall, 111 East Michigan Avenue between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to noon and between noon and 4:00 pm by appointment only, Monday through Friday or by sending a written request to PO Box 179, Paw Paw, MI 49079 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By order of the Village of Paw Paw Planning Commission.