Amenities and Demographics of Paw Paw, Michigan
The Village of Paw Paw is a vibrant, historic community that welcomes families, businesses, and individuals. With our yearly festivals, scenic waterfront locales, and convenient location, we’re a great place to spend an afternoon… or a lifetime! Whether you’re an adventurous daytripper looking to experience our annual Wine and Harvest Festival or you’re a newly formed company looking for a business-friendly location to open your storefront, you can be certain that the Village of Paw Paw welcomes you.
- Unbeatable location off I-94 between Chicago and Detroit, with Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, and Lake Michigan all within a short drive.
- Great schools, both public and private.
- Bronson Lakeview Hospital offers a full-service emergency department and a direct connection to the region’s only Level 1 Trauma Center at Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo.
- Fabulous wineries and a walkable downtown with art, gift shops, and a variety of restaurants.
- Access to Van Buren Public Transit Dial-a-Ride and Loop Service.
- High-quality public facilities, including the LEED-certified Paw Paw District Library.
- Thirteen park facilities, many with waterfront amenities including historic Maple Island.
- Fun family events throughout the year, such as Christmas in the Village and the Wine and Harvest Festival, which brings in approximately 50,000 visitors.
- Beautiful, 172-acre Maple Lake providing boating, fishing, and swimming opportunities including a universally accessible kayak launch.
- Fiber optic internet access available.
- Water, sewer, and electric service operated by the Village of Paw Paw Department of Public Services.
- Superior fire and police protection.
With a population of over 3,500, Paw Paw is a progressive, close-knit community that is welcoming to everyone. Offering top-notch schools, safe neighborhoods, and family-centered events, we are a great place to raise a family or start a business. If you’re interested in learning more about the population of Paw Paw, including ages, household statuses, and median incomes, full demographics for the village can be found in our Master Plan.